Bacterial Protein Extraction Solution
EasyLyse™ Bacterial Protein Extraction Solution
- Rapid protein screening.
- Easy protein purification, using manual or robotic procedures.
In side-by-side comparisons between EasyLyse Solution and a leading detergent-based product for "popping" or lysing E. colicells, EasyLyse Solution yielded about 2-fold more soluble protein (Fig. 1) and 10-fold more enzymatic activity (Fig. 2) than the detergent-based product.
The EasyLyse Solution includes enough reagents for extracting proteins from 500 1-ml cultures or 48 96-well microtiter plates with 100 µl of culture per well.
- Gives higher yields of soluble protein.
- Retains more enzymatic activity.
- Reduces viscosity without sonication.
- Uses a simple one-step protocol.
- Gently, but effectively, lyses bacterial cells.
||Figure 1. Lysis of E. coli aliquots with soluble protein quantities expressed as a % of total protein, as determined by the Coomassie Plus Protein Assay.|
||Figure 2. E. coli Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH) specific activity expressed as nmol/min/µg of soluble cell protein.|
- Jarvis, B. (2003) Epicentre Forum 10(3), 4.
- Burns, C. (2004) Epicentre Forum 11(3), 6.